Monday, December 27, 2010

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! My family and I had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.

I remember saying I would tell you about the recent concert trips and so I'll continue with my trip to Garner NC.  Garner is a small town out side of Raleigh, NC.  A lovely community full of kind forward thinking people.  Why do I say that?  Well, while other areas seems to be cutting back on funding for the arts Garner is carving out a niche for themselves as an arts presenter.  This year Garner is starting a concert series where artists can come and share their experiences and talents.  I was the opening act for their 2010-2011 season. 

We had a blast!  I normally take my MD with me where ever I perform.  However, on this trip I decided to take the suggestion of my good friend, Tim Stevens, and use a wonderful accompanist right there in the town of Garner, Mr. McCrae Hardy.  I had previously had the pleasure to work with McCrae when he was the musical director for the NC Theatre.  Though we had never worked together in this capacity the show was a huge success!  I would recommend this venue and this accompanist to any performer.

Talk to you soon!

God Bless you!

Mark