Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Recording, Trip Back, and More.....

The recording in Brighton for PBS to be aired in December went very well. They recorded it twice and I am anxious to see the finished product and I hope you are as well. The recording for the CD was also completed. I was on the original Concept CD for Tale of Two Cities (in a different role) and it will be interesting to hear this new recording.

Anyway, left Merry Old England for home and the flight was great - until - we were getting nearer to Newark Airport. We were delayed in the air as we were told about 'violent' thunderstorms in the area. Then, they announced we were being diverted to Logan. We didn't know how long this would be - but, I thank the Lord they decided to do this and miraculously - it wasn't that long. We were originally scheduled to arrive at Newark Airport at 6:30 PM but, actually arrived at 9:30. Christy and the girls were there waiting for me! It was so wonderful to see them after two weeks away!

Our reunion was short lived because the very next day I had to travel to Camp-Of-The-Woods in New York for an appearance there. Christy and I had appeared there on New Year's Eve and it was nice to see Camp-Of-The-Woods in the Spring/Summer.

Now Christy, the girls and I are heading for Florida until my appearance with Marvin Hamlisch and the National Symphony Orchestra at Wolf Trap on July 11th.

Hoping everyone is enjoying their summer!

Later