Friday, August 21, 2009

Thanks to Grace and Kylie

I had a great experience this week! I decided it was time that my two daughters see first hand what dad does to put shoes on their lovely little feet. So, Wednesday evening we took a road trip up the NY State Thruway to Saratoga Springs, NY, where I was singing with my good friend Mr. Marvin Hamlisch and the fabulous Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra. We had a great time!

We stayed at the Gideon Putnam Hotel which is a stones throw from the incredible (SPAC) Saratoga Performing Arts Center where the concert was being held. The next morning the girls got a true "behind the scenes" view of dad's job. They met all the important people you know the stage hands like Jimmy and the sound crew Matt and Tiffany and of course the artists liaison Nancy Meyer who said that they could come back any time! I hope I get to come back with them. The girls helped me count and sell CD's and we all got a ride in the cart where Mark our driver kept us entertained by humming songs as we guessed the titles. We also got to spend time with a conductor friend of mine Mr. Ernie Green. Marvin hired Ernie to come with him and man the podium when Marvin was playing. The Symphony really performed well under both Marvin and Ernie and from the exuberance of the crowd I feel safe saying a good time was had by all!

The highlight of the trip for me was spending good quality face time with my two precious beauties. They grow up so fast and I always miss them so much when I'm away. I am so proud of them! They really behaved like the perfect little ladies I know some day they will grow up to be! Most of that credit goes to there mom! I am proud of you too honey!

Well it's off to the next gig!

Talk soon......