Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sharing...

Yesterday, I had the awesome privilege to share my, "testimony."  It was a very freeing exercise that I can't wait to do again.  As you may, or, may not know, I regularly do concerts and share stories about my career.  I also try to weave in current events and personal life experiences.  The "testimony" takes the experience of sharing to a whole new level.  If any of you get the chance I suggest you take it.  In fact I would look for the opportunity.

We all have areas of our lives that we keep hidden.  There are a variety of reasons for this behavior.  We are embarrassed, we don't think it's important, or, we feel some things are no one else's business.  All valid reasons in the short run.  However, in the long run those "things" that we keep hidden nag at our conscience and sub-conscience.  Eventually, if we let them, they can cause emotional damage to ourselves and others and our relationship with God.

Honesty is always the best policy with ourselves and with everyone else.  Especially with our God who knows it all anyway!  Why try to hide it?  Now, I'm not saying that we should all run out and turn on the fire hose of our deepest darkest secrets.  Please, control yourselves!  But, I think you will find it freeing to find a good friend, who will listen, as you express the things that come up once in a while.  That friend might need to share as well.

God Bless You!

Mark