Thursday, September 24, 2009

Re-inventing myself...

Over the span of my career I have found that I need to re-invent myself. This realization has come to me every few years in my life. Early on in my career I was very interested in Broadway and spent all of my time focusing on that goal. Then I started concertizing along with pursuing the Great White Way! This was great for a while except it took more and more of my time searching for work. In fact, the only thing that was constant in my life was looking for a job. For a while that was enough. That situation has taught me a great deal. For instance, I am not afraid of being out of work. Now I feel like I am ready for another change.

We are living in a very unique time in the US. This time will be written about in the text books of the future. The only thing constant is change. I feel well prepared to deal with this time in life. I will still be singing as much as I can, however, due to the current economic climate I am pursuing many other avenues to support my beautiful family. Albert Einstein said " the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." It's time for me to find another way to support my family. I'll keep you posted on how it is going!

Talk to you soon.

God bless!

Mark