Friday, October 8, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Today I want to continue on the same basic subject as the last blog on Wednesday.  I was talking about prayer and how it helps me to keep focused through the day so I don't feel as though I am always in catch-up mode.  I think it is worth saying that though God is always with us and we like to think that He control's our thoughts, that is not the case.  Remember we have to deal with the element of free will.

Each of us has two voices in our heads and we need to learn to control those voices.  One is a positive or inspirational voice. The other is a negative or critical voice.   Often I find that, depending on how much catching up I have to do, I let that critical voice slip in and say, "you'll never get this done, you'll never catch up."  This is the time we must immediately turn down the volume of the critical and turn up the volume of the inspirational that says, "You can do it, one step at a time, prioritise, Gods in control." 

I find that it is easier for me to control the voices if I have taken time to spend with God.  We were put here to praise and worship and enjoy Him.  He wants to spend time with us each day.  He wants to be the, "Go To," guy in our lives!  As I get used to meeting with Him on a regular basis, I find that it is easier to run things past him throughout the day. 

The little voice stuff is very helpful to me.  It would probably be helpful to you as well.  I'll talk more about that another time.  If you want to hear more things like this let me know.  I pick a lot of stuff up from one of my mentors Robert Allen. 

God Bless You!

Mark