Friday, May 28, 2010

Blessed

Hello everyone,

We had a great time on Saturday at the Power House Church in Wykoff, NJ.  I believe I mentioned last week that I was going to sing at "MAN CONFERENCE III."  It was truly a blessing for me to share the gifts God has given me with a group of men striving to be the kind of men that God intends for us to be.  The speakers were a collection of men from various walks of life, but, all had on thing in common they are all on fire for Jesus Christ.  It was fabulous!  There were several hundred men attending and the event was streamed live onto the internet.  Next time I will make sure you get that information prior to the event so you can see for your own eyes what a blessed movement this is.  I'm glad I was involved. 

Much of my time these days are being spent working on myself it seems.  However, this time I am going about the task a bit differently.  I am trying hard and succeeding, I might add, in waiting for what God has to say to lead me forward in the work he feels I should be doing.  At least this way I don't feel the work being done is so self centered.

I will be involved with a reading of a new musical on June 7.  The title of the piece is "Rocket Boys".  It is a musical based on the movie October Sky. Taken from a true story by Homer H. Hickam Jr., a fellow WV native, the book is about Homer Hickam a coal miners son who was inspired by the first Sputnik launch to get involved in rocketry much to the dismay of his father.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care and remember to keep God first in your life.  Don't make a decision without His divine wisdom and you will soon find you journey being blessed.

Mark