Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Live in the now"

Hey gang,

It's me.  Trying to be open to what God puts on my heart.  Last week was interesting.  I went to DC on Tuesday evening and had dinner with my brother Philip.  We don't get to see each other very often and we really had a great time.  The next morning I was one of the entertainment /guests at the Congressional Club luncheon where the first lady Michelle Obama was the guest of honor.  I saw my friend Barbara Valentine from North Carolina and made some new friends Faisal Al-Juburi who was my direct contact for the event and a friend of my wife's from past work experiences, Ms. Julia Murney.  All in all the experience was fun, though it would have been nice to have had the opportunity to get a picture with the first lady for my kids scrapbook.

On Friday I took off for Atlanta, GA. where I was in concert with Marvin Hamlisch and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.  I had a great time!  The audiences were very receptive and kind as was the orchestra and staff.  I look forward to my next opportunity to sing with that wonderful group of musicians.

Speaking of great musicians, I took a meeting with Wayne Haun a great musician who is currently a member of the Ernie Haas and Signature Sound gospel vocal band.  Wayne plays the piano, sings, writes and arranges for the group.  Wayne was in town and came to the Friday evening concert at the Symphony.  We had a very nice lunch and brainstormed a bit about how we might help each other spread Gods word to the masses in the near future. 

Most of you know that I am all about bringing as much joy to the world as I can.  Music, of course, is my main vehicle.  However, while in Atlanta I also got the chance to drive around the suburbs with an old friend of mine from Huntington who now lives in Atlanta and check out the neighborhoods.  As you know, the nation is still suffering from the housing bust.  I'm spending more time these days investing in real estate in various parts of the country.  Lot's of people need help and I hope to be able to help some of those suffering to find a way out of or into a home. 

That's it for now.  Remember to always be open to what God is leading you to do.  Ask for His guidance.  Listen and search the word for His advise.