Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Joy!

I think I could take my lesson each day from a book that was written many years ago by a man named Oswald Chambers.  His book, "My Utmost For His Highest,"is a guide book as to how each of us can honor God.  Each time I read it, I learn something!  A feeling, by the way, that never gets old.

Today's lesson was on joy.  As Mr. Chambers put it, "joy is not to be confused with happiness, the joy of Jesus refers to the total and absolute self-sacrifice and surrender to the will of His Father."  "...who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross..." Hebrews 12:2

Joy is a gift from God!  My joy seems to come in several ways these days.  The first is from watching my children grow and learn.  Another is from using the gifts that God has given me to bring joy to others through my singing and acting abilities.  I am also getting great joy from sharing my life experiences here with you.  The real trick, however, is not to let life's circumstances choke out the joy.

Have a great day!

Mark


"The lives that have been the greatest blessing to you are the lives of those people who themselves were unaware of having been a blessing." Oswald Chambers