Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Progress

I had a great time last night with a new friend and amateur promoter Joe Silva.  Joe, being led by God to use his gifts as a communicator, has taken it upon himself to help me get my gifts as a singer out in front of more people in the sacred realm of entertainment.  It all started when I was asked by Joe to come and do a concert of Broadway & Inspirational songs at his church.  Knowing this type of concert is not going to provide a steady source of income for anyone involved at this point we went out to meet a like minded musician, Tim Mercaldo, in Staten Island, NY.

We had a wonderful evening of fellowship. We met at Tim's Church, Gateway Cathedral, a 24 acre campus on the southern tip of the island.  A great facility, the vibrant and growing organization that Tim's father started some 50 years ago has a true heart for the Lord.  We ended up at the Mercaldo home where we ate a bite and sang and entertained each other for a couple of hours.  The time was memorable to say the least!

All this to say, on Saturday September 25th, I will be giving a concert at 8 PM at the Cornerstone Chapel on Rt 23 in Pompton Plains, NJ.  I will be accompanied by Reverend Tim Mercaldo.  I hope to see you there!

God Bless you!

Mark